Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More or Less, Moral Less

I need to do less. A lot less. Less will help me a lot more. Less fretting about the rock river and when it will be finished and more enjoying each rock I bring back from the field on my morning walks. More savoring each color and nuance as the river moves to life one day at a time. It reveals its path with each stone I turn over. Less about the finishing. More about the doing.

Less time shopping and more time seeing what I already have. Paid the price the stuff and have to pay a bit more before I really understand how more less is. I need to go into the closet more and ensure less stuff is hidden there and forgotten. Found a whole stack of kid’s books the other day and they will head to my Daughter’s house and be in use rather than in that place where we stuff that stuff that is not quite our stuff anymore but we want to keep it some more anyway. There is a lot more stuff in that closet that helps me see how much less stuff I need to keep from myself and others.

Less time with the news. It gets old. That ain’t news. I knew it before. Stopped watching it a while back. That and a lot less TV. Eased back into it and now I wonder why. Really don’t care about the either/or political parties that promise more of the same with less credibility. Wonder if the bad guys that are playing to the audience will really miss me in that crowd. Less time with the news and more time with the old. The old ways of taking care of what is mine. Less time hurrying. More time noticing the worms that came out this morning after the first really hard spring rain. Lots of worms out there. Some were not turning. Some were not even moving. Some were wiggle worms doing what wiggle worms do. There were long ones, short ones, fat ones, and round ones. The worms looked a lot more like Oscar Mayer Bologna now that I eat less meat. Good to see that actually. The world can do with a lot less bologna. No bullshit. Haven’t seen the worms for months. Quite the news today once I went for my first hand report on the walk of the day. Saw worms, brought back a few cool rocks, and stressed less. Felt less taxed on this April morning. May have to have a special edition walk later for more updates and bulletins as whatever happens, happens.

Less time pretending the new waves of green and spiritual businesses are any purer than sweat shops or company stores. The Tithe’al wave of buying opportunities to save ourselves and the planet is more of the same sold as less bad than what bankrupted us in the first place. Spending to save the planet and your soul is fucking for virginity. It might feel good while you do it but you still get screwed in the end.

Less time worrying about taxes. More time realizing how little I need. Less time feeding the wolf that attacks my life and future. More time sharing and more time caring. Less time pretending the machine will change without a whole lot more people doing a whole lot less with it. Less time watching it crumble and more time making sure my garden produces lots of wonderful and healthy food. The IRS ain’t gonna drop off a basket of stuff to hold me over while I wonder what’s for dinner.

I need to keep a lot less to myself. People need to know other folks are afraid and that more of us are less inclined to hide or deny our truth. People need to know less people are exclusive and more people know we all have to get along. People deserve to know that more Americans are doing less things that take food out of other nations’ mouths. People deserve to know less of us are hocking their tomorrow to pay for our today.

Less cars. Less stores. Less homes empty. Less houses built. Less driving to the gym. Less watching. Less sitting. Less complaining. Less trash. Less trips to the book store and more trips to the Library. Less pretending we don’t have a lot of work to do and more time doing the work. I need a lot less that I ever did before and need to need even less. Less is the key to more. So no more kidding myself. I ain’t Moral Less. Not any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment