Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Almost Iced

Near death. Back then. In between Mrs. Kinniman and Sister Matthew. Right around Iscabibilator time. Under the water of the Raritan Bay. Pulled from under the ice. Removed from cold alternatives. Saved. Treated by the guys in the ambulance and then a bunch of folks at Doctor Berman’s. Some guy warmed me up where he shouldn’t have but that was not important at the time. Some medicine I had to take and it came in a little red container shaped like a spaceman. Put in the paper but not on the Seven O’clock New York News with Kevin Kennedy and Gloria Okon as the Weather lady.

I thought for sure I would be in trouble but Mom and Dad didn’t even yell at me. Not even later. Glen was alright after that. He pulled me out. Some lady said she did. I felt something when it happened, a moment before I was sitting on the ice and then was under it. Something that comes back to me at important times. Something about making a difference. Something about using my gift. Something about being here for a reason. Something that comes back to me at times when I need it. Like today. When I need it. When I need it. Kinda like I was touched and then pushed and......well, kinda special. Pushes me. Through the tough times. Cool. Just when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment