Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lucky Guy

I am an incredibly lucky guy. Incredibly simple too. Simpler than I knew, slower than I realized, and surprisingly salvageable. Daily self diagnostics are getting easier….at least for me. Those around me everyday probably feel just the opposite. Call me the Weatherman. I am a seasonal feel of an annual flow delivered with daily doses of variability that changes every year. Maybe that is why folks kinda check the temperature to see what my day holds. They likely want to use a rectal thermometer…and wish those gauges came in bigger sizes. Lots bigger. I can live with that. I can be a pretty big asshole.

Being known as an asshole is a lot easier than being one and not knowing it. Would hate to be one and not even know it. We need assholes. We are all assholes at sometime or another. Those that think they are not assholes are full of shit. I can be a really big asshole. That’s cause I can take a lot of shit. Maybe it is because I can give a lot of shit. Who knows? Who knows if we are coming or going? Not me. So I try to figure shit out each day and be a little less of an asshole. Not sure it is working but it feels pretty good.

Changed my diet once I figured out where the food came from and what I was eating without really understanding. That helped my asshole-ness, at least on the inside. Took longer to digest things. Big things like the world, the environment, and spirituality. That slowed down a lot of bad shit for me. Backed away from consumerism. That helped the intestinal fortitude for my body and my soul. Cleared the air about what is mine and what belongs to others and that helped my own back yard a lot. Started sharing a lot more of my stuff but did my best to ensure it was the good stuff and not the shit. Really cool cause folks give me a lot less shit now. Guess you do get what you give. I am a lucky guy.

Folks care about me. Some even love me. I see the good in the world and the good in the world is beginning to see me. They see me even though I can be a really big asshole. Maybe the further away I get, the easier I am to see. Yoo-hoo. Here I am. Way out here in left field. In this words. Way over here….a strange visitor from some other planet. Disappearing into my words and becoming truth from the inside out.

Maybe my body really is just the vessel and I am much more. Much more than an asshole walking around in the flesh. My body becomes a lot less important the more my soul realizes it was stuck in an asshole for quite a while. Sometimes my body is a temple. Other times it is an amusement park. Sometimes it is walking, talking asshole. I am more than this body. Not sure what but it is bigger than this bag of flesh.

My Sister-In-Law said I did not have to worry about what to do with my body when I die. She said I would be beamed up to the Mother Ship. Cool. In due time, I guess. Some more shit to clean up here on Mother Earth. Lots of assholes can do a lot of damage without even know they are assholes. This asshole is cleaning up his own shit. Lucky I started before the Mother Ship came to get me. Don’t beam me up yet. Maybe there IS intelligent life down here. Let it begin with me. I ain’t just your average, everyday asshole any more. Lucky for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment