Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tomorrow's Child

Tomorrow arrived a day early and I’m already there. Turns out tomorrow has been here for quite a while. Could be months but more likely years. Wrapped me in its arms and let me think it was still today where I was for as long as I needed to get a clue. Tomorrow is cool like that.

I should have known. There were tons of clues. All those things I learned and did in my yesterdays popped up all over the place. Right when they were needed. Helpful stuff. Insightful, too. My garden of days was in full bloom. Lots of the right seeds were planted, took root, and produced a bumper crop of really good stuff. For decades now, my yesterdays were all over my todays. I weeded out the shit, harvested the good stuff, filled my hunger, and shared the rest. Felt like really good todays based on some damn good yesterdays. Silly me. I was one day ahead of myself. Took me some time to realize it.

Sure my todays were great. Saw the fruits of my labors and the learning from my mistakes. Life was easier to live. It is much easier to get to where you are going when you are already there. Something like that. Yet it was different. I was different. Calmer in some Zen way. People around me wondered, “Is he high or something? He gets pissed off a lot less it seems”. I moved through life with an infuriating Mona Lisa smile of knowing something. Savored it while sensing my understanding was slightly left of center.

Thought it was a connection to the global. The Citizen of the World approach to everyday living. Linked the change to that awareness. In a way, it was and is. In more ways, it is not. Unless I am the whole world. I ain’t the whole world. I live in the world of my own making but it is a world that includes everyone and everything else. It is just more mine in a way since I make it. My world today is the direct result of my yesterdays and it is dang good world. Yet my world today is not about today. It is about tomorrow because I am already there. I am a Time Traveler.

That is why each thing I do feels different. I realize it came from yesterday and that what I do with it feeds my tomorrow. Each choice. Every word. All the smiles. Each and every thing I did makes today and today directly shapes tomorrow. Wrap your lips around that and wet your whistle. It’s the tune of Global Awareness and Responsibility for Self with a pinch of time travel just to spice things up.

My todays feel different because they are different. I made today yesterday and live today like it is already yesterday. I am Tomorrow’s Custodian. Tomorrow will be a light clean up day along with some seeding for great things to come and deep doses of joy and peace for everyone. Today is only important because of what it does to tomorrow. Today is only as good as what we did with our yesterday’s.

This day ahead of where you are stuff does take some getting used to….for sure. That is why I suspect I have been in tomorrow for a few year’s worth of todays. I see things that used to bug me. Some don’t bug me anymore. Some still do. Yet they bug me differently. Less in a way. Yet they bug me and that bugs me. Now I see why. I feel the effects of those things on tomorrow and I feel them today. The ones I control, that is my own stuff, I change. The other stuff I just feel and accept for what they are.

Tomorrow will come and it will be glorious. I know that today. I will be here tomorrow or I will be somewhere else. Time Travelers welcome tomorrow. Especially when we are already there. Time Travelers celebrate yesterdays and carry all the good stuff forward as they travel. Travel light, Light Travelers. My world of today is the result of my yesterdays. My world of tomorrow is already here. See you there, boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment