Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lazy Eights

It was just once. Lazy Eights. Did them before. Did them after. Once it was perfect. Me. A machine. Clear skies. Quiet. Time. Loop after loop. Loop into loop. All the lessons remembered. All the training lived. Loop and then another and another that followed those others. Turning back into each other. Some were tight and pretty. Others were loose and free. I was beyond yaw and yoke and ailerons and so much more. A place that was beyond all I was and ever would be. That place where everything else was and everything else tried to be.

All the ones before knew this. Flyers, sailors, riders, writers, scribes, singers, kissers, artists, machinists, blacksmiths, travelers….all of them knew it. When the wind was just right. That time the sun painted the horizon with God’s very finger. When the song carried on the wind and nature become the tune. All those times and the other times. When the baby first cried and the mother cried in a whole new joy. When the hug made the pain go away and every thing was right.

They all knew this place. Once was enough. Once was far from enough. Loop became loop and the eights became more. More than ever before and I knew it was a now that was mine forever. The machine knew. The wind knew. Anyone that looked up and saw me and it knew. This was one of those moments. Why I was here. Why it all mattered. If this was the only reason I was born, I am blessed for I kissed life today. Inside a lazy eight. There I was. Everything matter. Nothing matter. Just now. Loop after loop after lazy eight and after another lazy eight. A few more. Just a few more. This perfect. Today. Today is eternity and eternity lasts only as long as we feel. I feel. Inside this lazy eight and the one that came before and the one that comes after. This is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment