Friday, July 22, 2011

Out Of Closet

Another day, another walk. I thought about Jesus. Grew up with him. Learned about him in school and at Catholic Church. Thought about where he was. He was in church and in school and at weddings and funerals and stuff. Some times we brought him home in picture or statue form and then he was in our house. On the mantle, if we had one. Maybe on a little altar of some kind. I brought him home as a kid.

Somewhere along the way, I moved him to the closet. The closet of my mind. Maybe my soul. It was a closet. The front of the closet but have to admit it was still the closet. He was in there whenever I needed him. Break glass in case of emergency. Available upon demand.

He was always with me though. I could pull him out of the closet any time. Car slid out of control and my “Holy Shit” was “Open Sesame”. Out popped Jesus.

Along the way, I started just talking to him. Seeing him in other places and other people. Jesus came out of the closet. Kinda snuck up on me. Saw him beyond what I was told to see. Embraced the Trinity…him as Father and Holy Spirit…Daddy and Spooky in the juvenile version. Saw those were our way of defining him and them and realized he could be anything. Male. Female. He could be She. Animal. Vegetable. Mineral. Arab. Jew. Atheist. Wow! A Higher Power so powerful it could be something that didn’t believe in itself. WOW! Jesus got way bigger for me. SOURCE.

Walked the other day and thought about that. Just me and Jesus and his many forms. Me and SOURCE and things about churches and states and things written about God and Jesus and governments. Thought about the separation of Church and State. Used to think that was to protect churches. Living in Utah, I see that also hopes to protect the State. Jesus popped back in and reminded me of some words from one of those books attributed to him. “Render unto Caesars what is Caesars and render unto God what is Gods”. What is Caesars? Where are the universal things? The things for all citizens.

Helped me know what I expect from governments. It is applies to all, do it. You are there for the citizens, government. United we stand, divided we fall. I am a simple guy and things get much simpler to see the more simpler I get. I am glad Jesus came out of the closet. He helps me think when I am on walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment