Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home

They taught me about home. The feel of it. As I live it and share it now, it is what I learned under that roof. That house on the corner of Maple and Main. A place you just knew was there. Where you were safe. Where they loved you. I lived it back then and honor it more and more as I realize it was something as common for me as air to breathe. To be safe and loved and protected. That is what they did. They showed me what home was like.

I felt it in a dream this afternoon. Mom. Protecting me from harm. Hiding me even. I remembered that feeling. The knowing. The innate confidence that all would be well. The bad could not get me there. It was safe and warm and right and natural. Natural. Natural belonging. Where they protected yet pushed. Not a place of hiding. A place of learning and growing. A place of sleep and rest and food and being.

When you have home, you sometimes think that is how things are. Home is something everyone has because you have it and therefore it is natural. It is only later that you realize some do not have it. Some do not even understand it. They live on alert. They live in a state of unsafe and wonder. Not the good wonder. The bad wonder. Hard for me to imagine that feeling truly because I am a being of home. I was born into a home and understand home as sure as I understand my own heartbeat.

Yet now I realize the sweetness of home. More and more. It is a place we all deserve. A feeling we all need. A feeling of all is right. A feeling of a protective force that cares for you and will do all it can to make sure things are right. Home. Home sweet Home. Thanks, Mom and Dad. I understand a bit more every day and appreciate what you did everyday so that I could live the life I lived and live and do live. Everyone deserves a chance to feel good about where they are. Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment