Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shake It Up

I have been moving too slow. Too easy. Too calm. Patience moved to something less. Peace moved to something less. A thing of watching rather than doing. A thing of bored rather than content. My passion got mad at me. Mad for moving as if the river is molasses. Mad for knowing the words and wondering if the time is right. My passion kicked me today. The kick to feel and then do and then feel and then do again. I shall do and show the doing. I shall write and share the writing. I shall…..be. In motion.

Knowing where life is begins where knowing where life is fake. I know where life is fake. It was where I watched and waited to feel. Waited to taste truth and passion and my own connection with life. Time for the bike ride and the curb painting and the words in the book that is Maurice’s memoriam. Time to do rather than wait. I have been moving too slow.

It is easy to pick up the pace. It is easy to feel. Shake things up just enough to feel the shake up. So I wrote before the walk today. Shuffled the routine a bit. Wrote the words. Then revised them until they were truth rather than just words. Then the walk and then digging in the dirt that is garden in stasis. Then being. Feeling. Knowing. Just trusting that I am touching self rather than waiting. Just touching and honoring what I feel and who I am and what is right about this moment and the ones that come and the ones that come after those. Now is what we have. How we use it is what we are. Moving should be slow at times. Moving should be moving faster at other times.

The back yard looks good. It looks ready. It was tired of waiting too. So I dug in and dug it. Dig it? It is the best garden ever in my back yard. It is already better than last year because it learned about itself last year. It learned from what worked and what didn’t work. It is a damn fine garden already. Good dirt. Real dirt. It is ready for the seeds, weeds, and deeds that make gardens gardens. Me, too. After all, Spring is a verb too. Time for a little action. I am moving a bit faster and digging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment