Sunday, February 27, 2011

Quotation Marks

“The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.” (Jesus Christ). I found His words so powerful and insightful. Reassuring. Helped me see the human and understand more about the divinity in each of us. Walked more briskly having fed on the manna that was those words from that mouth.

“Don’t put words in My mouth.” (Jesus Christ.) That changed things. Who am I to put words in His mouth? Who is anyone? What did He really say versus what somebody said He said? Are the words His words or reports of reports of allegations and hopes? “Don’t put words in My mouth.” Wow. That would be cool if we didn’t. It would be cool if we just accepted your words are your words and my words are my words. I believe in Jesus. The reports of His death have been greatly exaggerated. Putting words in His mouth is bad juju, metaphysically speaking. I like the bumper sticker “Jesus, Please protect me from Your followers.” Those aren’t His words. Those are somebody else’s. I like them though. So I will make them mine. That’s how it works. The words are always somebody else’s right up until they are ours. Our truth. Our choice. The things we believe, live, practice, and more. Words are like that.

Positivity. Just a word? Not for me. Ha! Ain’t that a hoot? “Not for me.” That ain’t positive so don’t quote me on that. Hell, don’t quote me on anything. Take what you want and just say it yourself. If you believe it. If you don’t, how can you be positive? I believe it. Absolutely, positively. I believe it. Believe in inclusion….just like Jesus did and Buddha did and Allah did and the Elders, youngers, and in between did and do. The ones I believe. Crossovers, bendovers, hot cross buns, and making bunny ears just cause it makes me think of my magical niece and she makes me think of my daughter and then my other daughter and even my son and my dad and Mom and whoever the heck else touched me. Lots of touching. Lots of loving. Lots of living. Screwing up but learning from the screaming and gnashing of teeth that is holy shit, what did I do this time?

Yep, living. The reports of my death have been……well, pretty much ignored. I can live with that though. Christ knows I have to cause…..well, because only I know the truth. You can quote me on that….as long as you believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment