Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Black Rock City

Black Rock City moves to reality again. It calls to me from the desert as it moves to life as Mecca, Emerald City, Shangri-La, Heaven, and Home. It was in my dreams last night and in my thoughts on the walk this morning. A welcomed loved one saying all is well and more would come to the well this year. It let me know it was back again in this realm as it had been two years ago when I first crossed into it. The lessons embraced me this day and reminded me I am a Burner.

Burning Man was my vision quest. Clarity kissed me and penetrated my every pore at Black Rock. Money moved from godlike status. It was on the descent in my heart for years. The balance of barter and sharing on the Playa pierced the veil on my soul and freed me. Inclusion spread from inside of me to all around me on those nights of drumming spirituality and has spread each day since. That wildfire forged hope in this seeker as the taste of what can be sweetened my world. I was changing before my virgin trip into the Nevada desert. I was birthed there and emerged as Changeling.

Black Rock touched me again last year although life kept me in other places. It does so again this year and will each and every year regardless of where I am. Burning Man transcends time and space. It is more than a place or an event. It is proof, reassurance, and hope of Paradise Earth. It is the opportunity to live as the world can be, was, and will be again. It grows every year and spreads across the planet as Burners change inside and gift that change everywhere they go. More will learn of it this year and enough will live its truth once they do. The Pilgrimage is underway and the light of Black Rock City beckons once again. Travel well, Burners.

No comments:

Post a Comment