Friday, September 16, 2011

Weema Wept

(Another piece from the in-work "Reports from the Frontal Lobe". Little trips through the mindfield that is my inner self.)


Pop goes our Jesus.

Crossing the road.

Playing chicken on dem bones.

Hambone, Hambone, have you heard?

Heard the news tonight.

Bad moon rising.

Rising star.

Rising to the occasion.

Rose by any other name.

Thorny issues from good books masking bad men with itchy fingers and dirty minds.

Touching without feeling, feeling up, and pushing down.

Denial.

Press conference to address the issues.

Stamp your feet.

Postage due.

Do not bend, fold, or mutilate.

Spindle me this, my inquisitive friend.

Who pays the piper when the piper blows smoke up your ass?

Ring me up for church on Sunday.

Cock a doodle did.

For whom does the bell toll?

Ding Dong.

Avon calling.

No ticky-no shirty.

Ring around the collars.

Pay as you exit.

No need to panic.

Move along, folks.

Show’s over.

The next service will be somewhere else.

Coming to a theater near you.

See you soon.

Save me a seat.

Let’s wait for the DVD.

Someone said something about it but I will judge for myself.

Here comes the judge.

Supreme pizzas and supreme courts.

Hot peppers and hot topics.

Under them robes are more robes.

Under the underrobes is something that should be behind the curtain.

In a box.

Big deal.

A really big deal.

Put that in Double Jeopardy, place your bets, give me the hard ways, and cover the horn.

Ain’t that one hell of a tune?

I can name that tune in Cliff Notes.

Cheat sheets.

Cheating death.

Death and taxes.

Render unto Caesar.

God only knows.

Come up and see me some time.

Pop in any time.

This is where I came in.

Shimmy, shimmy, coco puff.

Shimmy, shimmy now.

Now is the time for all good men.

That’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me whatever your name really is.

My god is bigger than your god but I still have a hard time dotting the i.

Crosses are T’s.

Tea for two.

At three.

For three.

Thirty-Three and a third.

Maybe a fifth.

No more than a quart.

Is that a deposit bottle?

Do they still make those?

No Deposit, No Return.

Look who’s back.

Surprise.

Hi there, Pop.

Fool on the Hill.

Sees the world spinning round.

Round, Round, Get around, I get Around.

Gather round, boys and girls.

Pop goes our Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment