Sunday, June 12, 2011

River of Pain

There is a path on the other side of the River of Pain. Took a while to see it. Took a while to see anything but the pain of the crossing. See is not the right word. Feel is the right word. Took a while to feel anything but the pain.

I don’t remember leaving the river. The pain surrounded. Imbedded by the feel of it. The river almost drowned me long after I was on the land. Then there was the glimpse of hope. A path. On this side of the pain. Off the map. Yet there it was. Marked? More scarred upon the mountain. Perhaps that is the mark. Clearly marked by the scars of those that came before. Those that swam through the pain before and left clues to the right way to journey upward. Yes. They scarred their souls to push through the façade and reveal their truth. They marked their way on the knees in thanks and fear and pain and more. Yes, they found the way. It was here all along. On the other side of the River of Pain.

Golden nuggets of truth scattered all over the clearing. The place of respite after swimming the fires of hell that is border between the marked path and the true path. I saw their glitter and felt their call. A field of Fortune Cookies spread by the explosion of wisdom that is the war within each of us.

“Abundance is better understood within scarcity.” I had to smile. Yes! More over there is less over here. Yes! I pocketed the rock and reached for another.

“Unconditional is sweetened by tasting conditions.” Tears fell from my face and washed away the trail dust. A kiss to the nugget warmed my lips as sure as any flesh of any joy. It was still in my hand and my heart as well as my mind as I reached in thirst for the next nectar.

“Needs are revealed once wants are unmasked.” Was I crying when I picked it up? Did the tears from when reading the inscribed beauty beneath this free sentence of ultimate freedoms? Does it matter? Tears cleanse.

“Trust nourishes what questions choke.” I breathed it in. Filled my lungs and soul with each intake. Good air, in. Bad air, out. The carnage of the swim fell further behind. The air was rich and pure and abundant.

“Doing trumps done.” I rose to my feet. Ready to travel. Ready for the path ahead. Ready for the unknown that calls me sweetly home.

“Giving is your piece of sharing.” Rocks in the backpack to be shared to the ones that ask. I felt them in my spirit. The place where they shall nurse and be nursed and spring forth in any season as they blossom.

“Peace is your share of receiving.” I laughed as I took my first step up the path on this side of the River of Pain. Payback ain’t a bitch after all. Payback is a Beauty. Balance is in the giving. Time to move on up this hill. It was one heck of a swim. Almost didn’t make it. Glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment