Monday, March 14, 2011

The Z Report (Happy 8th Birthday, Zerek, Love, Pop-Pop)

Sometimes I wonder how Z-Man is doing. He is active and runs in his own circle of friends and life. Life keeps him quite busy and our paths cross less than daily so I am prone to wonder. Hoping he is alright. Want to make sure one of my favorite people is healthy and happy.

Each time I see him, he seems to be. In fact, he seems to be doing even better each time. He grows up quickly in very important and cool ways. This bundle of energy is more focused. I want to say calmer but that is not it. He is still a bundle of energy. Has been since, well, forever. Now his energy is different. Just as present…..just not as frenzied. He is under self-control and that makes his energy more impressive to see.

He is happier too. More prone to share and laugh and play. Used to shift his moods pretty quickly and now he is happier much longer and that is just nice…for him and for all that know and love him. He smiles more and more and that is a great trend when it comes to moods and living.

Still I wonder. Hoping that life challenges and the world at large works in his favor. So I look for the evidence. Evidence that he is doing well.

I find it in her eyes. She is younger than he is. Six years younger, plus or minus a few days or months. She is Z-Man’s kid sister. Z-Man is four times as old as she is. He is more than an older brother to her. He is Z-Man.

She lets me see how he is doing when I look in her eyes when she looks at him. She looks at him a lot. When they play, and they play a lot, bliss shines from her eyes. Everything is right with the world because Z-Man and her are all that matters at those moments. Her eyes light up when Z-Man talks to her about his day, dinner, Pippin, or his latest adventure. She loves Z-Man.

She shows me how he is doing. They have each other and the world is full of love and trust. The downs pass quickly and the ups last a long time. She lets me know how he is doing because she shows how much she loves him. Love that he gives her with his attention and time. Seems easy in a way. Give your attention and time and you give love. Z-Man gives his sister his attention and time. He shows that she matters to him. He makes her feel important and loved and she loves him all the more each time. So I look at her eyes to see how he is doing.

Z-Man is doing alright. In fact, he is doing really well.

Happy 8th Birthday, Zerek.

Love, Pop-Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment