Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dead Man Talking

Write like it really matters. Speak to be heard when you are dead. Words can do that. Reach from the grave and say “I was here and here I am again.” Be so much you that your words are more than anything seen and known by your senses, their senses, or any senses. Be senseless. Boldly so. Audiences like the senseless. Be your own best audience. Don’t make sense of it all. Make truth of it all. Pledge your Allegiance to way beyond this breath, the next breath, and the last breath. That dying one that you ride into the light and shine in that place we all wonder about. That later place. Now all we have is this now place. So be in it. Stand up. Write your name in permanent piss across the sky. Make them feel you.

They can’t get to you for clarification. Nope. Number disconnected. That person doesn’t live here any more. We don’t have a record of that. This is all there is. This document in your hand. These words in your head. Yeah, maybe there’s a tombstone. Maybe it can be found. Maybe they spelled it right. The name. Maybe they spelled it right. Maybe it is over the right grave. If there is a grave that is.

Graves are serious things. Don’t joke about graves. Dead people deserve more respect. Their bodies were as important as yours. They lusted, loved, laughed, cried, shit, jumped, danced (some good and some please don’t ever do that in public again, EVER!), and then they died. Just like you did. Except the dying part. You didn’t do that part yet. I know. Cause you’re reading this. Me? I might have done that part already. You might be the seventy sixth trombone that passed since my bones became dem bones then no bones and then dust in someplace that might be so forgotten no body even remembers where the bodies are buried. If so, cool. It worked. I wrote it right. You read it right. We got it right. Right on, dudes and dudettes. Do they even use those words anymore? In your time. The time when you are reading this. Do they even use those words? Do they even use words? Dang, I hope so. Otherwise, I am talking and ain’t no body listening. That just wouldn’t be right. Why write if no body is listening? I want to write and be heard. I want to write like it matters. Hope I did cause I am and if I am and I did that means everything worked out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment